Makita created a new class in cordless with 18-Volt LXT Sub-Compact tools. Makita Sub-Compact gives users 12-Volt handling with 18-Volt performance and compatibility with the world?s largest 18-Volt cordless tool system. It?s part of Makita’s expanding 18-Volt LXT system, the world?s largest cordless tool system powered by 18-Volt Lithium-Ion batteries. Makita 18-Volt LXT batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18-Volt LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the Star Symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Compact and ergonomic design at 12-1/2 in. L
- Weighs only 5.5 lbs.
- Delivers 0 strokes to 3,000 strokes per minute
- Has a 13/16 in. stroke length for faster cutting
- Ideal for work in tight spaces
- Efficient BL brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- BL brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Electronically-controlled BL brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov